Keep Christ in Christmas Poster Contest
Keep Christ in Christmas Poster Contest is in full swing. Please print the entry form at https://uploads.weconnect.com/mce/f3b3e04bcde780448e7b2161c8775c5741ed6a50/KEEP%20CHRIST%20IN%20CHRISTMAS%202.pdf and return it to Doug Saul with your poster to [email protected] or call 856-207-0424. Posters are due back by Friday, December 11, 2020. Good luck!
As our parishioners return to our parish churches for Mass, I am grateful to those volunteers who have offered to ensure a safe environment as ushers and sanitizers. We are in need of additional volunteers for these roles at all seven Masses and Christmas Services.
Contact the parish office (609) 390-0664 if you would be willing to serve in this role. Thank You. Father Pete
Saint Casimir Church
304 Clay Street | Woodbine, NJ 08270
Church of the Resurrection
200 Tuckahoe Road | Marmora, NJ 08223
Daily Mass (Also Live streaming on Facebook)
Saturday 4:00pm (Also Live streamed on Facebook)
Sunday 8:00am, 9:30am, 11:00am, 5:00pm (9:30am Mass also Live streamed on Facebook)
Confessions are heard on Wednesday evening from 5:30pm to 6:00pm at Resurrection Church , Marmora. Parishioners wishing to receive penance are asked to park on the far right corner of the parking lot, close to the side entrance of the church near the food pantry. The priest will open the side door when a confessional is empty, indicating that the next person can enter. Please do not enter until the door is opened. Please do not use the front entrance to the church since parents will be picking up their children from Religious Ed at that time. Also available by appointment.
Parish Office Hours
Monday through Friday
9:00am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm - 5:00pm
How to view the Masses if you do not have a Facebook account
• Go online, and go to www.facebook.com/StMaximilianKolbeParishMarmoraNj/
• Wait for the Pop Up Box that asks you to login or create an account (ignore the login at the bottom of the screen).
• At the bottom of the Pop Up box, there should be a spot that says “Not Now” (it may be in smaller typeface). Click on “Not Now”.
• You should be able to see the Facebook page for St. Maximilian Kolbe Parish, Marmora, NJ. Scroll down to the posts. When we begin Live Streaming you will see an active video of worship. If you do not see the video, look on the left side and find "Videos", if it has a red dot or the video there hit that spot and it will take you to the video, if there is no video showing Father Pete has not started Mass.
Saint Maximilian Kolbe Parish Food Pantries
We want to thank all of you, who through your kindness and generosity have kept the Food Pantries of the Parish of Saint Maximilian Kolbe stocked and ready to serve our community. Your donations every week have made a big difference in helping your neighbors. Thank you!
All donations are gratefully accepted. Please see the bulletin for holiday food needs at both pantries. Any non expired food items would be greatly appreciated!
Resurrection Church Food Pantry
A cart will be set up at the entrance to the Church of the Resurrection from, 9-5pm, Monday-Friday. Please drop your donations during these times. The pantry is open to clients from 2-5pm on Wednesdays. Please remain in your cars and we will have people to help you.
Saint Casimir Church Food Pantry
A table will be set up outside the Thrift Shop, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday, 9:30am-Noon.
Please call first if donating food. 609-861-5992
The Thrift Shop hours of operation are Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm by appointments only. To make an appointment to shop please call the thrift shop at 609-861-5992.
All Social Distancing and Face Mask protocols are required when on the parish property and inside the thrift shop building.
Donations of clothing and household items will be accepted by appointments only. To arrange donations, please call the thrift shop at 609-861-5992. No furniture will be accepted until after Christmas to make room for extra holiday items.
Readings for the week of November 29, 2020
- Sunday: Is 63:16b-17, 19b; 64:2-7 / Ps 80:2-3, 15-16, 18-19  / 1 Cor 1:3-9 / Mk 13:33-37
- Monday: Rom 10:9-18 / Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11  / Mt 4:18-22
- Tuesday: Is 11:1-10 / Ps 72:1-2, 7-8, 12-13, 17 [cf. 7] / Lk 10:21-24
- Wednesday: Is 25:6-10a / Ps 23:1-3a, 3b-4, 5, 6 [6cd] / Mt 15:29-37
- Thursday: Is 26:1-6 / Ps 118:1 and 8-9, 19-21, 25-27a [26a] / Mt 7:21, 24-27
- Friday: Is 29:17-24 / Ps 27:1, 4, 13-14 [1a] / Mt 9:27-31
- Saturday: Is 30:19-21, 23-26 / Ps 147:1-2, 3-4, 5-6 [cf. Is 30:18d] / Mt 9:35—10:1, 5a, 6-8
- Next Sunday: Is 40:1-5, 9-11 / Ps 85:9-10, 11-12, 13-14  / 2 Pt 3:8-14 / Mk 1:1-8
Our parish is exploring the idea of establishing a Stephen Ministry to serve our parish and the community. Stephen Ministry offers a proven and effective way to organize, equip, and supervise a team of congregation members—called Stephen Ministers—to provide high-quality, one-to-one, Christ-centered care to people in the congregation and the community experiencing life difficulties. It would be led and managed by lay people. To read more, please visit https://www.stephenministries.org/stephenmi…/default.cfm/917
Several parishes in our Diocese have active Stephen Ministry programs, and those programs are supported by the Diocesan Vitality Office.
The first step in establishing such a ministry in the parish is identifying several women and men who will volunteer to serve as Stephen Leaders.The time commitment is significant. They will take a 25-hour synchronous (specific day and time) training via Zoom that will prepare them to manage the ministry. Then, they will train volunteer Stephen Ministers via a 20-week course. Finally, they will field requests for care, vet the requests and, if appropriate, match the care recipient with a Stephen Minister.
If volunteering as a Stephen Leader resonates with you, please call the parish office at 609-390-0664, and we will have someone call you to answer any questions you may have. Thank you for your prayerful consideration!